Elipsis tablet - Has anything been fixed to enable to sd card to be read and storage problems fixed??? I still am having issues. I have called, come in to the store, etc. very misleading for a contract!!
Shellfish

I Have tried numerous times to install an SD card in my daughters tablet. Cannot get any help from in store or on the phone. Is there anyone who has gotten anywhere with being able to fix the app storage problem with these tablets?? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Elipsis tablet - Has anything been fixed to enable to sd card to be read and storage problems fixed??? I still am having issues. I have called, come in to the store, etc. very misleading for a contract!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Shellfish. Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing through your Ellipsis tablet. What type of errors do you receive when you plave your SD card into the tablet? Does it appear to recognize that an SD card has been inserted?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Elipsis tablet - Has anything been fixed to enable to sd card to be read and storage problems fixed??? I still am having issues. I have called, come in to the store, etc. very misleading for a contract!!
kemikalelite

Shellfish,

If you have the SD card inserted into the tablet go to Settings > Storage > scroll to SD Card

If you see an indicator for "Total space" and "Available space" that roughly matches the size of the SD card this should show the card is properly mounted and ready to use.

If you do not see this and the SD card is not mounted, you may need to select the Mount SD Card option to load it.

Sometimes if the SD card can't be mounted the card may need to be erased and formatted to be compatible with the tablet. Erasing / Formatting the card will remove all data, but can resolve issues.

If this still doesn't work you may also want to try loading the card in another tablet, phone, or PC to ensure it works.

In order to actually make use of the SD card on the tablet you may want to download a file manager app from the play store. Android does not include a method to manage files from devices by default, other than connecting to a PC through USB. With a file manager you can organize the contents of the SD card into folders, move media such as downloads, music, videos, photos, etc.between the internal storage and the SD card. This allows you to see what you have on the SD card as well as delete media to free up space.

In most apps the SD card will show as "sdcard1" while the tablet's built in internal storage will show as "0".

As for the app storage, to clarify, the Ellipsis does not support apps on the SD card. The feature to store and run apps on the SD card was removed in newer versions of Android due to various issues. As I can see from the settings the Ellipsis allows up to 5 GB of the total 8 GB internal storage for applications.

I hope this helps resolve your issue.

0 Likes