I had the same problem. I got somebody at customer support and he had me push the power button along with the minus volume button at the same time for about 15 seconds and it rebooted itself. Hope this helps.
Lets get your Ellipses 7 to work! Lets try to reset it by holding down the power button and the down volume button. It should take about 10 seconds before the "Welcome" appears. Let us know if that works. If not, try another compatible charger.
Keep us posted!
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
My Ellipses received the OTA software update and it bricked the tablet.
1. It was charging when the software update was pushed to the device.
2. It was on it's own original charger.
3. The screen is black but it's a backlit black, showing that it's on, no response to anything.
4. When I do the reboot listed above (hold the power key and the down volume button at the same time) it reboots, shows "Powered by Android" then nothing. 3 weeks now, since the update was pushed and it hasn't worked since then
5. Tablet is 5 months old.
6. No, there is no physical or liquid damage.