Ellipses 7 unable to write or delete from sdcard. Can only read.
jennroth31

Why is it that, after the last system update, my tablet can only read from the sdcard. It can no longer write or delete on the sdcard.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipses 7 unable to write or delete from sdcard. Can only read.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi jennroth31!

I apologize for the inconvenience, let's see what's causing the problem! The device is working as designed. Here's a workaround:
•To manage other folders/files,connect device to PC directly, and manage files by PC file manager

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Ellipses 7 unable to write or delete from sdcard. Can only read.
jennroth31

If the device were working as designed there would be no need for a workaround. Clearly, the original design was for the device to use an SD card to expand its already low amount of drive space-which is one of the reasons I bought the device.

Android came along with an update that you are not fully supporting: you should either let us back rev the android update to restore the as design functionality or provide us with a file manager that can read, right and delete to the SD card (as I personally know Samsung has done).

You need to take responsibility and provide proper customer service.

0 Likes