Ellipsis 10 one of my worst purchases
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Between the black lines that block out the content I am trying to read on a lot of apps, including Amazon, the constant freezing, and how slow this tablet is, I use it only when my pixel phone is unavailable. I used it more as a paper weight than a usable tablet. Very unhappy with this tablet. And I have complained to Verizon about it since the first week I had purchased it, but because I had thrown the box away, I was told they couldn't change it out for a different tablet..

A total waste..

Re: Ellipsis 10 one of my worst purchases
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your device is working properly is definitely important so I completely understand your concern JETSFAN901. Let's make sure your Tablet is running up to par.

When is the tablet freezing? Is the tablet response time slow or is the internet slow on the tablet? Are the black lines only when accessing apps?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

I use the tablet on the same wifi that I use my Google Pixel Xl, and with the pixel I have no problems.

The app that I seem to have the most problems with is Amazon, I get the black out areas and also the images just blank out constantly..The blacked out areas happen on a lot of different pages while I am trying to read different articles..

It also constantly freezes and is very slow..

I normally just grab my Pixel and don't use the tablet..My older tablet that I traded this one for was a much better tablet..

Mark

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JETSFAN901 -

I have had devices before that I didn't care much for, so I am sorry this is the experience you're having right now.  Did the Amazon app ever work for you? Have you checked to see if the app needs to be updated or the overall device software?

EricaC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

The black bars issue on Amazon Shopping app has a workaround.

Please follow the below steps:

1. Go to Settings

2. Tap on Application manager

3. Swipe right till you find the "ALL" tab

4. In the list of apps, find the "Android System WebView", tap on it.

5. Select UNINSTALL UPDATES

6. Choose Ok on the next couple of steps to revert back to the default version of the app.

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

I very rarely use this tablet due to all the issues I have with it..It is very slow and takes forever whenever I do tend to use. I fortunately picked up a Google Pixel XL phone a few months ago, and that is what I use for almost everything. The last tablet I had before I decided to supposedly upgrade to the Ellipsis 10 was a much better tablet. The only reason that I upgraded was because I dropped the old unit during a move and cracked the screen..This tablet's main purpose for me now is as a paperweight..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JETSFAN901, we want you to be able to use your tablet regularly. It saddens me to hear that you have so many issues with it. Our goal is to have your tablet working again. Were you able to complete the steps given prior to fix the black lines you were experiencing with Amazon? What other applications are you seeing the black lines when using?

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

By reading through the forums, seems like a lot of people seem to have the same problems I am describing with my unit. I would like to know if there is any way I can switch this tablet out for something better. I am more than willing to pay the difference towards something better. I really hope that Verizon is willing to work with me so that I can get something that I am, able to use without all the problems..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JETSFAN901,

We are certainly happy to look into what options we have for you. In order to do this we would need to gather some information from you. Would it be okay to send you a Private Message?

NicoleT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that would be fine..

Thank you..

0 Likes