Re: Ellipsis 10 one of my worst purchases
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please advise what info I need to give you so that you may contact me so that we can get this issue resolved..

Thanks

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

The black bars as seen on certain apps is due to a interaction issue with the new version of Android System WebView available in the Play Store.

For now, please use the below workaround and roll back to factory default version of the Android System WebView:

Go to Settings -> Application manager -> Swipe left to list “ALL” tab -> Find the “Android System WebView: tap on it -> choose UNINSTALL UPDATES

On the next dialog box “All updates to this Android system app will be uninstalled” -> select OK

On the next dialog box “Do you want to replace this app with the factory version?” -> select OK

The Android System WebView will be rolled back to version 49.0.2623.105

To ensure that Android System WebView is not auto-updated to the new version on the Play Store, please follow the below steps:

Launch Play Store -> Go to My apps & games -> Find “Android System WebView” in the list of apps -> select this app, and tap on the 3 dots on the top right.

If the Auto-update box is checked, please un-check it.

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon support...

What happened to the private message that was supposed to be sent to me in order to find out information in order to resolve my issue with this tablet that is basically useless ?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about the lack of follow up regarding the private message that was supposed to be sent with you Mark. I have sent you a Private Message to go over some trouble-shooting steps or repair of your device. We are unable to switch it for something different if you're past the 14-day return period. Our goal is to fix the device for you. I look forward to discussing this more with you via Private message.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport 

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our  conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!    

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's too bad that Verizon would put their name on such a piece of junk. But my fault letting the Verizon sales person talk me into this paper weight, my older tablet was much better ...The only problem I had with the older unit was that I dropped it during a move, otherwise would have never purchased this one..

0 Likes
S3er
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please contact me, I have the same issues and would like a different model and brand.

0 Likes
JETSFAN901
Enthusiast - Level 2

Even though I was told on this message board by  Verizon that they were going to contact me, they never did.  I am very dissatisfied with their customer service with this issue, and I believe they know this Ellipsis 10 tablet is a sub par product and it seems they are unwilling to do anything about it...

When I am ready to upgrade my phone, I will definitely consider switching to another carrier over this issue..

0 Likes
yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

JETSFAN901​, this does not sound like an experience we would have wanted for you. Please check your inbox for my Direct Message to further assist.

yarelim_vzw

0 Likes
PABECK53
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have said the same thing about the Ellipsis: "My worst purchase ever".  Freezes, flashing block boxes, slow (takes forever to load compared to my phone).

Fefehanif
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I have two of these so called tablets that dont work. Having the same issues as everyone else.

0 Likes