Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ellipsis 10 shuts down when audio/video initiated
roscoeandroxy

My Ellipsis 10 shut down when audio/video is initiated. It has done this across various apps. Has anyone else had this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 10 shuts down when audio/video initiated
SuzyQ
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

We have an Ellipsis 10, but have not experienced this issue.  You said it happens across various apps when "audio/video is initiated" - You tube?  Music only?  Facebook videos?  All of the above? 

It could be insufficient RAM (the Ellipsis doesn't have a lot to begin with).  Are many apps open when this happens?  You can try clearing the device cache and closing all other apps before attempting to play a video....

0 Likes
MICLHE84

Same here. They sent me a box to send it in for repair since I did two factory resets and it still does it when the first video plays. 

0 Likes
MILITARYMAN5978

I have a 7 & 8 & there fine. Just the 10 restarts on anything dealing with video. Not sure of the audio because video shutdown.

0 Likes
amritb_vzw
Verizon Employee

Is it happening while watching a specific video file or while using a specific video app?  Youtube, Netflix, etc?

0 Likes