Ellipsis 7 Kit Kat Update: Cannot connect to server
matthodge001

I have the Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet but I no longer have Verizon. I noticed there was an update compatible with this model, but everyone I check for an update it says it cannot connect to the server. Is this an OTA update only, not being able to be done via Wi-Fi?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 Kit Kat Update: Cannot connect to server
robin41017
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK I think this worked.  I received an update and it says I am updated to KitKat.. however android version says 4.4.2 and I was thinking kitKat was 5.0.1.. please advise.. it does now not give me the error "can't connect to server" but tells me I am up to date...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
matthodge001

*every time I check...

0 Likes
matthodge001

No one have any idea?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matthodge001,

We definitely want you to have the best experience with your tablet. This device will only receive the update OTA, so it would need to be active on our network in order to get any software updates. You can start a new tablet line with us and keep your device connected to our network and have data on the go. Click for plan options http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

matthodge001,

Let's find you this elusive software update. When attempt to download the software are you trying on wifi or cellular data? Does it attempt to download and then fail? Keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
matthodge001

I'm trying on Wi-Fi. Every time I do however, it says "Can't connect to server". I don't have Verizon anymore, and this SIM card has been removed. But I did buy the tablet and I'd like to see the performance update that Kitkat brings. I did check my model, and it's not one that has to be sent in.

0 Likes
matthodge001

So even since I bought the tablet, I have to have service just to update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In my experience, system updates for Verizon Wireless devices usually require an active connection with the Verizon Wireless network in order for the device to find the OTA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
matthodge001

Well... That's disappointing. I'll probably end up selling this thing anyway, considering I can't get better performance. Still, really disappointing That it's OTA only.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you still have the deactivated SIM card, stick it back in the device and see it find the OTA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.