Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Ellipsis 7 Table locked up with Japanese characters on screen
tlaird66

This morning, I began having issues when I tried to boot my tablet. It is showing things in Japanese and it is not letting me get to my home screen. I'm not sure what is happening but I can't get it to restart. I don't want to reset it because I don't have a way to back anything up. My only other recourse at this time is to let the battery run completely down so that it will shut down, unless y'all have a better idea. I'm not sure what's happening and I know it's old but I want to keep it going if I can.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 Table locked up with Japanese characters on screen
rosannem_vzw
Verizon Employee

tlaird66 I can't live without my tablet. We don't want you to live without yours. Were there any recent changes to your phone, like a software update or new apps? Does it have any physical or liquid damage?

RosanneM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes