Ellipsis 7 Update to MV7A_31D26_422
RRitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I keep hearing that there is a new updated software (MV7A_31D26_422) that was released for the Ellipsis 7 in early February, but I am not able to get it for some reason.   I go into Settings > About Tablet > Software Updates > Check New and it keeps telling me that my tablet is up to date.  Currently it has MV7A_31D25_422A so obviously if MV7A_31D26_422 is released it is not the up to date.  Has anyone been able to successfully install the new version on their Ellipsis 7?  Is there a way for me to force the install?  I have tried both connected via Wifi and 4G LTE and get the same results.  I really want to get this update so I can take advantage of the 16G micro SD card that I have installed.  Any help or feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 Update to MV7A_31D26_422
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

If your tablet is on MV7A_31D25_422A or MV7B_31D41_422 your tablet is up to date. If you would like more information, please refer to this memory announcement.

Most devices running newer versions of Android (the operating system on this tablet) do not allow moving apps to SD card. You may move media files to your SD card.

Following are some tips for memory management:

3) Consider reducing the number of days that email is synchronized on your device (if this will not negatively impact your email use). If you are using an email client, please navigate to Settings>Accounts (select account) >Account
settings>Select account>make sure “Days to Sync” is set to 3 days or fewer. 

4)  Please uninstall any unwanted applications (other than those that were preinstalled): Settings>Apps>Downloaded
5) To free up additional memory space, please move media files to SD card

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi RRitch - Let's make sure you have the very best device experience! Typically the update rolls out in stages over 3-4 weeks and can be manually pulled after 10 days. I would be more than happy to work with you personally to try and push the update to your device. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message so we can review the device information.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
RRitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I followed you back and sent you are direct message on Thursday as requested.  I have also send you screen captures of the status and about screens as well.  I have tried numerous more times since then and I still am not able to get the upgrade.

0 Likes
dcmitchellsr

I am having the same issue with my Ellipsis 7 as well.  I have seen numerous posts about the update, but when I search for an update on my Ellipsis, it says that my device is up to date.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
RRitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I could offer you some more information.  I was asked by the Verizon rep to follow him and send him a direct message so he could work with me directly, but I have not received any response back from him since doing that a week ago.  If by chance I do hear back and get it resolved, I will port here.

0 Likes
dcmitchellsr

I am having the same issue with my Ellipsis 7 as well.  I have seen numerous posts about the update, but when I search for an update on my Ellipsis, it says that my device is up to date.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dcmitchellsr,

We want your tablet running smoothly! Please share the details of the specific problems you're having so we can assist you. In addition, please send us the software version number your Ellipsis is currently on.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RRitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am the original poster.  To summarize from above, we have seen reports that software version MV7A_31D26_422 has been released for the Ellipsis 7, but I (and it sounds like others) am unable to download and install it to my tablet.  Currently my Ellipsis 7 is running software version MV7A_31D25_422A.  Every time I go to Settings > About Tablet > Software Updates > Check New it says "Tablet is up to date"  Originally another VZW rep replied and asked me to follow him and send a direct message to him, so he could work with me and attempt to push it to my tablet. I did but he has never responded.  I am going to attach screen captures of the information screens and the results when I check for new software.  Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated.

Screenshot_2014-03-14-14-34-52.png

Screenshot_2014-03-14-14-44-20.png

Screenshot_2014-03-14-14-35-08.png

Images containing private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for including those screenshots, RRitch. That will allow us to forward your details to the sofware team so they can determine what may be preventing you from getting the update. We did send the information to them on 3/21/14.  Thanks for all of your help.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dbk616
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue with not getting the MV7A_31D26_422 update. Any idea when it will be pushed?

I'm also running MV7A_31D25_422A.

(removed)

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes