Ellipsis 7 and WiFi
george60

Hello.

I cannot get my Ellipsis 7 to connect to my home wifi.

I was wondering why I was over my monthly allotment.

Then I noticed that the tablet was not using my home wifi.  It was using a Verizon Wireless connection!!!!!

I cannot find a way to use my home wifi at all.  I have tried the things that I have read on the Verizon website and they did not work.

Airplane mode is not on.  When I try to turn on wifi, the network is there but it will not authenticate.

What do I need to do to rectify this? 

Thanks,

George

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 and WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello george60!

I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting to your home Wifi. Let's troubleshoot a little. Can you connect to other Wifi connections? Have you tried "forgetting" your home Wifi connection on the tablet, then logging in again using the password?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4eyp

When you get the answer, please let me know. I have same identical issue. We leave the tablet turned off. Burns up data while you sleep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello george60!

I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting to your home Wifi. Let's troubleshoot a little. Can you connect to other Wifi connections? Have you tried "forgetting" your home Wifi connection on the tablet, then logging in again using the password?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
george60

@Hello ChristinaB_VZW.

I could not connect to any of the wifi signals picked up by the tablet.

However, forgetting the main wifi signal and then logging in appears to have worked.

Thanks much.

0 Likes
george60

Hey check the thread where you posted this.

The solution supplied seems to have worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's great to see, george60. Thanks for keeping us posted and confirming your WiFi is back up and running again after completing our suggestion.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes