Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Ellipsis 7 and WiFi
george60

Hello.

I cannot get my Ellipsis 7 to connect to my home wifi.

I was wondering why I was over my monthly allotment.

Then I noticed that the tablet was not using my home wifi.  It was using a Verizon Wireless connection!!!!!

I cannot find a way to use my home wifi at all.  I have tried the things that I have read on the Verizon website and they did not work.

Airplane mode is not on.  When I try to turn on wifi, the network is there but it will not authenticate.

What do I need to do to rectify this? 

Thanks,

George

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Ellipsis 7 and WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello george60!

I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting to your home Wifi. Let's troubleshoot a little. Can you connect to other Wifi connections? Have you tried "forgetting" your home Wifi connection on the tablet, then logging in again using the password?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4eyp

When you get the answer, please let me know. I have same identical issue. We leave the tablet turned off. Burns up data while you sleep.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello george60!

I'm sorry you're having trouble connecting to your home Wifi. Let's troubleshoot a little. Can you connect to other Wifi connections? Have you tried "forgetting" your home Wifi connection on the tablet, then logging in again using the password?

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
george60

@Hello ChristinaB_VZW.

I could not connect to any of the wifi signals picked up by the tablet.

However, forgetting the main wifi signal and then logging in appears to have worked.

Thanks much.

0 Likes
george60

Hey check the thread where you posted this.

The solution supplied seems to have worked.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's great to see, george60. Thanks for keeping us posted and confirming your WiFi is back up and running again after completing our suggestion.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes