Ellipsis 7 how do i make things go to sd card ?
bschud

My ellipsis 7 tablet tells me everyday cannot  update apps , due to low memory

installed & formatted 32G sd card   same problems

any thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 how do i make things go to sd card ?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Android OS since version 4.0 and higher doesn't allow applications to be written to the SD card for a number of reasons including security issues.

The Ellipsis tablet was a poorly engineered piece of technology in this regard and other aspects.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bschud,

Lets get to managing your great Ellipsis tablet! To have a look at how your memory is being used, Go into your settings>Apps>Internal Storage. At the bottom of the screen, there should be a status bar of how much of the storage is being used. Make sure you should have at least 100MB of available storage to allow you to download apps and updates. Let us know how this goes for you so you can get back to enjoying all the functions of your tablet!

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

labtecmike
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is horrible advice. It doesn't answer the OP's question at all.

gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

The issue is the way the tablet has been set up, with only 1GB of the internal  8GB allocated for app space. Still waiting for a fix from verizon that was promised for the end of December, or an update on when the fix may be available. Until then, system apps that came preloaded with the tablet can't even be updated.

An interesting way to market a tablet; Verizon doesn't even have a seperate device space on its community board for this device over a month after launch. Go Figure.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not every device has their own space in the community forum. It is likely to based on the volume of discussion. The amount of volume I have personally seen here is no where near the level of the Galaxy S4 or the HTC One for example.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ann154,

Thanks for your opinion on how VZW operates.

My opinion is a VZW branded device should have it's own space on a VZW sponsored community support forum, as soon as its launched.

Its all part of marketing a new item, if you care about your customer's issues.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gpan099 wrote:

Ann154,

Thanks for your opinion on how VZW operates.

My opinion is a VZW branded device should have it's own space on a VZW sponsored community support forum, as soon as its launched.

Its all part of marketing a new item, if you care about your customer's issues.

I'm just another customer like yourself. From what I have observed in this forum. Specific device space are created once there is a certain level of volume in the number of post about the device. Sometimes that happens immediately upon announcement. For example the iPhone space was created shortly after the announcement that Verizon Wireless was going to carry the device. There was already prior discussion in the forum on the rumors or request for having that device on the Verizon Wireless network. Some devices take months to get created. The Note 2 is an excellent example. It was available for purchase for almost a year before there was enough traffic generated by the community members and the space was created by the Community Managers. Some devices never got their own space. The LG Lucid could be a possible example. It generated some traffic, but I have no idea if it was enough traffic to justify creation of a device specific space.

gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks again.

The lack of accurate information from VZW about this issue on this device is amazing.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gpan099 wrote:

Thanks again.

The lack of accurate information from VZW about this issue on this device is amazing.

The lack of information about the Ellipsis tablet has been there since it was first released. This link give an example of how little was known and what we have come to expect from bloatware filled device with lackluster specs. http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/11/07/verizon-ellipsis-now-on-sale-for-150-250-off-contract-underw...