Re: Ellipsis 7 how do i make things go to sd card ?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gpan099,

I understand your concern, 8GB of memory is enough for the light user, but we want you to enjoy the tablet as much as possible. Currently, there are no news on any upcoming software releases. However, you can clear memory by going to Settings>Storage, clear Cached Data. In addition, going to Settings>Apps>select the app you want to move to Internal Storage, you will have the option to move the app to SD card to uninstall to make room for more apps. Hope this helps!

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

gpan099
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks AdaS. Please let the powers-that-be know that users of this tablet are waiting anxiously for news on this issue and the ability to update basic system apps that came preloaded on the device.  Sometimes only the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

robhau
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is seriously needed asap. Also what is up with the update server always down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You're very welcome! Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to take this feedback. You can always find information towards product and service information via VZW News, http://bit.ly/n5snpq.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robhau our top priority is ensuring that you are in a working device! Once an update is available, you will be notified or you can always check through the settings http://vz.to/JF5r2Z . Next when do you receive the message regarding updating the server? Does the message stop you from using certain functions on the device? Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
robhau
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything continues to function just can never says you are up to date, just failed to connect to server.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robhau, we want you to get all of the latest updates as soon as they are released! If you put it in Safe Mode http://vz.to/1ePHWi1 do you experience the same error?

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes
WickedAnnabella
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had the same issues.  I've disabled many of the USELESS preinstalled apps and that has freed up some room for the apps we really want.  I then downloaded the app ES File Explorer and used that to move things to the sd card.  It's a bridge only until the fictional "UPDATE" comes out. 

I had this issue on my NOOK color...however, B&N was smart enough to do an upgrade that adjusted the partition for the apps.  Verizon, not so much.  I went into the store and the sales people had NO idea that you couldn't move anything to the SD card without an additional app or without the assistance of a computer (which totally defeats the purpose of having a tablet, no?)

I'm less than thrilled with the vague, non-answer answers from Verizon Customer Service on this issue.  When I called Customer Service, I was on the phone for 45 minutes while the technician tried to find an answer and said "I'm so sorry!  I don't know how to advise you on this issue!"  Nice.

Truely, I'm grateful that this was a REALLY cheap purchase and if something doesn't change soon this will be going back and woe to the person who tries to lay a restock fee on me!

C'mon VWCS, how about we give some REAL answers...even if it's ,"Yeah, we know its a POS...."

Bigmixxx

this is a good article to help solve 'some' of the issue with the small amount of tablet space:

http://techgage.com/article/moving_your_non-movable_android_apps_to_an_sd_card/

0 Likes
WickedAnnabella
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not the Tablet space that is the issue, it's the APP space.  Until they fix the minuscule 1G of space, this will continue to be an issue.