Ellipsis 7 not working after 3 months
kld01

I purchased an Elipsis 7 for my husband to use while he is out in the field to do minor things such as check and respond to emails. Last week it simply quit working, He took it in to the Verizon store and had a sales rep look at it and sure enough, it would not turn on. The gentleman in the store explained we would have to call the tech line and have it replaced as it would still fall under the one year manufacturer warranty.  No problem, I understand there are channels to be followed. I called Friday 10/17 and spoke to a representative that informed me he was placing an order for a replacement device, (after we went through the same steps all over again to ensure the device was indeed not working.)  I even have my confirmation e-mail stating a replacement device is being sent and how to return the defective device. The associate went over with me the fact that if there is any water or other damage we would be charged the $300 for the device. Again, fine, I know there is a process. He also stated we would receive the replacement device yesterday 10/20. I did not receive it so I called back today as there was no tracking information available on my account.  The gentleman I spoke with this evening stated the order has not shipped yet and he cannot tell why and that he would have to cancel the original request and submit a new one. The main problem with this is he is stating they are having to send a recovery box, clearly different than the discussion I had with the rep on Friday.  So now, not only was our order delayed, but we will not even be getting the replacement until after they review the original device so we're looking at a minimum of another week. For an item that is only 3 months old that has been well taken care of this is a ridiculous amount of hassle. I have been on the phone now for a total of 2 hrs and still have a tablet that is not working. I am extremely dissatisfied with the lack of knowledge and consistency from one employee to another. They couldn't have been any more friendly, they are just kindly misinforming your customers. If this is how you all handle your claims on a new device, I will not be renewing my contract and will even consider going to one of your competitors that buys out your contracts.  This is the first claim I have ever had to file after a decade of patronage and I could not be any unhappier.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Elipsis 7 not working after 3 months
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi kld01

Thank you for  your feedback. We were sorry to hear about your experience and have already made changes to internal resources about the Ellipsis 7 to hopefully provide more consistent communications about the recovery box process. Your tablet will be fixed through recovery box as this is the only repair process for the Ellipsis 7. Following is what you can expect as far as timing:

- Your recovery box should arrive within 3 days

- The box should arrive to the manufacturer within 2-3 days after you ship it

- The manufacturer will repair the Ellipsis 7 and ship it back to you within 3 days

- You should receive your device within 2 days

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Elipsis 7 not working after 3 months
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi kld01

Thank you for  your feedback. We were sorry to hear about your experience and have already made changes to internal resources about the Ellipsis 7 to hopefully provide more consistent communications about the recovery box process. Your tablet will be fixed through recovery box as this is the only repair process for the Ellipsis 7. Following is what you can expect as far as timing:

- Your recovery box should arrive within 3 days

- The box should arrive to the manufacturer within 2-3 days after you ship it

- The manufacturer will repair the Ellipsis 7 and ship it back to you within 3 days

- You should receive your device within 2 days

0 Likes