Ellipsis 7 tablet is stuck on downloading updates
OtterPup58

My tablet is currently at 4.2.2. I clicked on software update and it says it is downloading updates. This has been going on for 4 hours and nothing is happening. It keeps saying that it is downloading updates. Then I get a message that says "FOTA isn't responding. Do you want to close it?" I say yes and it just continues to run. How do I get this stupid thing to stop or update?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 tablet is stuck on downloading updates
Avid-Researcher

Nice to know that I'm not alone with this KitKat o/s upgrade issue.  Almost exactly the same symptoms.  I successfully downloaded part 1 of 2 a few days ago.  A couple days ago I started the part 2 of 2 update with no success.  The download automatically starts after booting but the status remains at 0%.  I have one small difference with you. I do not get the "FOTA..." message and question.  The program appears to be active.  I tried clearing the FOTA cache with no change to the issue.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 7 tablet is stuck on downloading updates
Avid-Researcher

Welcome to the world of the bizarre. Yesterday (Sun) at 1645 hrs. I powered on my Ellipsis 7 (I power it off when it is not going to be in use for a while). Lo and behold, the download begins processing and completes successfully!  I have no idea what caused it to suddenly work.  I do have a couple theories.  First, the download was unable to connect to the required computer so it simply kept trying.  Your message tends to support this theory.  FOTA wanted to process but couldn't connect.  Second, powering off/on causes FOTA to attempt to reconnect to the download computer.  I had powered off/on multiple times over that past few days without FOTA going anywhere.  Something, external to the Ellipsis got 'tweaked' causing the download to process.  This tweak may have simply been an overloaded computer unable to accept new tasks.  So, my advice is to power off/on the Ellipsis at various times to get the download to work.  Onwards and upwards.

0 Likes