Re: Ellipsis 7 tablet
_Dub_
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

Thanks, thats a good point I forgot to mention. I havent received the return box with the detailed instructions, but the tech did say to pull the Sim card and any SD Cards before returning it.

Yes, in order to repartition any kind of drive, it will need to be wiped.

Dub

0 Likes
karlyh01

I realize that pretty much exactly what Im about to say has already likely been covered, but I'm not sure and im still searching through these pages and pages for a RELIABLE fix...

My Ellipsis 7 tablet, which I purchased BRAND NEW from a friend whose parents got it for him for school but he ended up needing a full laptop, is having the issue where I cannot download ANYTHING to it at all! I went through and erased ALL his old programs (mostly just MP3 downloaders) AND i went and either removed (when the app would let me) or at least force stopped and disabled nearly ALL my apps. Honestly, Other than a bunch of standard verizon/android functions, theres nothing left running. On my Storage menu in settings, it says total space 8GB, AVAILABLE is only 376MB. supposedly, the vast majority of my space is taken by downloads, 4.87GB, EVEN thought ive removed every single downloaded game or torrent generator i can find!! I cleared all my downloads, not that ive EVER got it to successfully download anything, it does then says "insufficient room on device" and no, there is NO place to choose to move a download nor program from internal mem to my poor empty memory card...Ive had several android phones, and when this happens i simply go click each and choose move to SD card, or i can set my downloads to go there automatically.... NOT this time tho. I cant honestly see how in hell i even HAVE 4.87 of downloads after deleting seriously every other game, every app, literally i left google, my camera, chrome, youtube, pandora, and gmail. theres no way those take up that entire amount. any tips on what to do, id really like to be able to download things like my college's mobile app, my bank app, etc etc....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello karlyh01, Congrats on your new Ellipsis 7 tablet! I know the importance of being able to use it freely. The best way to clear the memory and download issues is to back up your tablet information and process a full Hard Reset. Here are the steps to do so http://vz.to/1t7UV3Z. Please try this step and keep us updated.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
_Dub_
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my tablet back with one partition on it. Call verizon and tell them you want to send it back to be repartitioned. Your tablet will be wiped but it is the ONLY way to be able to use this tablet. They sent me a package with an address label on it, I sent it to them and they sent it back a week later. It was funny, when I got it back, there was a letter enclosed that basically said, sorry, we could not duplicate the error you requested us to fix. I started to get pissed that I may have wasted my time but when I booted the tablet and looked, there was a single partition, so they did wipe it and fix it. Dont ask me what the letter was all about.

Just call them and dont take no for an answer and ignore all the nonsense that verizon techs on this forum keep posting. They all know how to read from a script  and give a canned answer but they dont really know how to fix the problem nor do they take the time to truly understand the actual problem. Reading is fundamental. LOL

Dub.

DisgruntledDavid
Enthusiast - Level 1

ANYONE UP FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT???  After going into the local store several times (where my rep, who has the 7 also and has experienced the same problem (not enough memory/memory allocation)) and talking with customer service and technical service... an taking it to Best Buy for a Geek to look at it... and sending it back only to have it returned with a letter stating that it's fine... and just now screaming at the top of my lungs (literally) at several representatives, I have come to the conclusion that now that they have the 8, they could give a crap about us who have a 7 and coming up with an update/fix.  I had Facebook and solitaire on my tablet and that was it... no pictures or music and when I tried to look up something online, it said there was an update for Chrome, but that there wasn't enough memory to download it.  I tried deleting other bloatware (apps that Verizon gets kickbacks on to have on the tablet (Amazon, Kindle, etc) but you can't delete the things that comes preloaded.  This tablet is worthless... and they know it, but pretend it's all fine because they know what a crap-storm they would be in if they admitted it.  I talked to a manager for an hour tonight... and got nowhere. They don't care, and they got us in a contract (albeit for a device that they never delivered on for what it was supposed to do).  I have had mine a year and probably used it 10-15 hours at most.  I am considering taking my two cell phones and this back and letting them come after me to get together a class action suit against them.  Any other interested parties?

Not applicable

Class action lawsuits are not allowed per decision of the US Supreme Court. But you can sue them on a single right of action.

Class Actions are long gone.