Ellipsis 7B software update issue
allen903

I just purchased a new Ellipsis 7B at my local Verizon store due to a special which they had available. The current Android software version on the tablet is 4.2.2. The Verizon website on the main products page shows the Ellipsis 7 should be at version 4.4 (aka KitKat), which is another reason why I bought it. When I try to update the software, it tells me that the version which I have is the latest version. Based on the Verizon product info page and from all of the conversations in the Verizon forums, I know version 4.2.2. is not the latest. I called the store and the Verizon 800 support line and neither one could assist me with getting version 4.2.2. updated to version 4.4. Has anyone else ran into this problem? It looks like the 4.4 update may have been taken down from Verizon's site. Is there a way to manually download the update from Verizon and install it myself rather than clicking the Automated software check option?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 7B software update issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us, allen903. We want to make sure you have the most current software version on your device. We last had an update to the Ellipsis 7 on 2/12/2015. This link shows the last update information  http://vz.to/1GZax2J. It appears your Ellipsis 7 is current. I hope this clears up any confusion.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
allen903

If it is helpful, the model number of my new tablet is QMV7B. The software version is MV7B_31D41_422. Again, if anyone could help me upgrade this device to Android 4.4, I would be very greatful. Thanks.

0 Likes
mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, there is no manual way to flash update the the software on this tablet. Searching the forum, you'll see lots of issue with even getting the OTA update.

Eventually an OTA will roll out to your device, make sure you have mobile data enabled as it can not come over a WiFi connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for reaching out to us, allen903. We want to make sure you have the most current software version on your device. We last had an update to the Ellipsis 7 on 2/12/2015. This link shows the last update information  http://vz.to/1GZax2J. It appears your Ellipsis 7 is current. I hope this clears up any confusion.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Randy77

Were you ever able to get it to work? I'm having the same problem.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Allen903

Sorry that you are having this experience and that you have had to wait so long for additional help. Since your Ellipsis 7 is currently on MV7B_31D41_422, please try the following to pull the software update.

1. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>All

2. Select "Help" and check the Help app version.

A. If Help app version is 1.01

i. Please navigate the Google Play Store>My Apps>Help app

ii. After Help app has been updated, your Ellipsis 7 should prompt you to install a software update.

B. If Help app is version 1.03

i. Please navigate to Settings>Apps>Downloaded>Select "Help">Select "Uninstall updates."

ii. When complete please go back to 2A above and follow those steps to access Help app in the Play Store

This update will bring you to the software version prior to KitKat. You should then be able to soon pull the KitKat update via System Updates.

Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
Randy77

I would like to add that finding the Help app to update it was not easy.  Search for "Help - Ellipsis 7" on Google Play and you'll be able to update it.  After that, it does a system update, then I am able to update to KitKat.

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi Randy77

Thank you for the update and for that additional information. Moving forward, if we need to provide these instructions again we will refer to "Help - Ellipsis 7" app. Thanks again.

0 Likes