Ellipsis 8 Restarts When Updating Google Slides
Oradim

This is a topic that has been raised on the Google forums:

Google Groups

However, Google have punted the issue as "works on other devices so must be device specific".

In summary:

Ellipsis 8 (aka QTAQZ3) Android version 5.1.1

Google Play wants to update Google Slides to 1.18.132.08.30 version and after a few minutes into the process the tablet restarts. The update never completes. I have attempted this a dozen times or so.

NOTE: Everything is up to date on my tablet except for Slides. I have tried factory reset multiple times. I have cleared cache. I have cleared data. I have stood on my left foot only while reciting the secret incantations on days of the month that are prime. Nothing has made a difference.

The Google Play store claims my device is compatible but nothing has allowed the update to succeed and, of course, I can't use the previous version as Slides will complain that the version on my tablet is no longer supported.

It seems like a recent update to Slides is making it incompatible with the Ellipsis 8 and Google forum has punted the issue to elsewhere.

Am I just out of luck with Slides on the Ellipsis 8 now?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 Restarts When Updating Google Slides
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oradim, that is very strange that you aren't able to access Slides. With this being a device specific issue with the Slide app I would recommend you reaching out to Google Play support to report your issue. I have included the link https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7100415?hl=en I hope this helps. 

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Oradim

Part of the runaround is that Google sent me to Verizon, so that is why I posted here. Frankly, I have very low hope that an issue like this will be resolved via forums. That is not meant in a derogatory way - I only mean that an app incompatibility issue is not easily debugged via forum postings. My only hope was it might be a known issue with this tablet (and, of course, ideally with some solution.) I will try again to reach out to Google via a different channel. Here's what I get when I try to start Slides:

Screenshot_2018-04-13-11-12-07.png

Since the update never succeeds and always (as of today) results in a tablet restart, Slides is not usable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oradim,

We want you to have a resolution just as much as you do. Since the concern is with the app directly, Google would be your next best step.

I hope this is beneficialKatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mrFig58

my tablet started doing the same thing, then the tablet no longer could read the sim card, it started "optimizing all the apps" several times a day, now it won't go past the "ellipsis powered by android" screen when powered on. sorry buddy, but your tablet is probably biting the dust

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are all set with your device and have a working tablet. I wouldn't want those messages on my device as well. Let's review this more to find a solution for you. Prior to this occurring has there been any recent updates on your device.  

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes