Ellipsis 8 USB host API
jamesHaef

Ellipsis 8 installed DSLR Controller app allows me to view control my Canon Camera. Upon launching the error reads: No Wifi device was found and your Android device is not compatible with Androids USB host API. A newer firmware for your device MAY fix the problem. My tablet is up to date. App developer says this a device USB issue. Please advise. I need this to be able to work. This APP is designed specifically for Android and other tablets a like. Please advise. I already tried debugging developer settings etc

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 USB host API
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having all apps working on the tablet is very important, jamesHaef. I'd like to get to the bottom of this for you ASAP. Are you having any issues with any other apps on the tablet? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app back on the device? Have you been able to use this application on this tablet before or is this the first time trying to use it?
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jamesHaef

hi Kevin thanks for your reply and interest to help resolve. I have exhausted and explored every option. First time using the APP. The error I outlined seems to be the root issue. The APP itself gets pretty good reviews. I just dont understand why this device or OS does not make it easier for users to plug play and mount whatever the end users choices to do with the device. Honestly I am a MAC preferred user. The only reason I have this tablet is bc I bought my wife a replacement phone and the verizon sales rep was good and talked me into this tablet deal. Rarely use the device til now when I really need would like to use because the developers of this APP designed it for Tablet users only NOT ipads

0 Likes
jamesHaef

I just purchased the APP from Google Play > how would I uninstall and reinstall without purchasing it again > sorry not versed in this OS > also as far as I can tell other APPS work fine. Pls I am willing to do any and all test and troubleshooting thanks

0 Likes
jamesHaef

Hello? Anyone have any solutions to this issue? most grateful

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your app you purchased to work for you, jamesHaef. As long as the same Google account is signed into the device, you can simple uninstall the app and it will be free to download in the Play Store. Any saved information for the app may be lost though. Here is a link on steps to remove an app http://vz.to/1LfUF2r
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jamesHaef,

Tablets and the apps we use with them are supposed to make things more convenient, so having them work properly is greatly important. The information you've provided thus far is very helpful. Since you've confirmed that other apps are working properly, the best option may be to check to see if there's an alternate app you can use as the one that's been downloaded isn't compatible with the tablet.

Apps downloaded from the Play Store are linked to your Google account. As long as the same Google account is used to redownload, they can be installed again at no additional cost. To remove the app from your tablet, follow the prompts listed here http://vz.to/1Q4BLKC .

ShawnteJ_VZW

0 Likes