Ellipsis 8 constantly shuts down
RobertN913

I just purchased my new ellipsis 8 10 days ago.  Several times a day, it shuts down and restarts on its own.  Each time, I am doing something different.  Sometimes, it is just sitting on the table.

Any ideas why?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 constantly shuts down
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back to enjoying your tablet. I know you just bought the tablet but did you notice this happening after updating your software or adding an application? Is there any error message on the screen before it shuts down?
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RobertN913

The tablet updated within minutes of setting it up on the first day.  In the first hour of using it the tablet restarted by itself for the first time.  No apps had been downloaded yet by me.  No, there are no error messages.  The last two restarts occured while I was entering a password on a website, and while it was simply laying on a table.

Should I return it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds alaming! May we ask how long you have had the device for?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RobertN913

I got it on March 19, 2016.  Like I said, the problem occurred immediately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing that information, RobertN913. You should be having these issues at all so soon. Since you are within your 14 day period I would suggest taking it back to the store location for an exchange or return. Keep us updated on your progress and also text the new tablet before you leave the store to make sure you are set.
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes