Ellipsis 8 - continously crashes
EMJD619
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently I purchased an Ellipsis 8 tablet, and it constantly crashes. I returned it to the Verizon store and received another only to have the same issue. It will crash when attempting to access the Bluetooth. It will crash when surfing the web. It doesn't matter what it will just restart. I had a Ellipsis 7 and experienced no issues what so ever. After upgrading to the 8, I gave my Ellipsis 7 away. I am to the point where I am thoroughly disgusted with this Ellipsis 8. Has anyone had similar issues ?

Tags (1)
Re: Ellipsis 8 - continously crashes
CLAUDEE33

Mine does the same [Removed] thing!  I'm ready to toss it in the trash !

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to enjoy your device. When do you recall this issue beginning? How much available memory space do you have on the device?

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DOREENMERCADO
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having navigation problems and can't find your advice.  Where do I find it. Of course me device is going awry while I'm typing.  I think this product should be recalled and our money refunded or let me trash this one and give me a new one.

Will I be notified by text on my phone for your instructions?  If not please send me an email so I can read it on my laptop to  [removed] I can't get this device to operate smoothly and seamless

Note I did mention this to customer service. They didn't offer to replace it.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DOREENMERCADO
Enthusiast - Level 1

BTW I don't have a Twitter account.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also reach customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your VZW phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DOREENMERCADO, we are dedicated to help you enjoy your tablet again. This is a community forum and is public. For your security and privacy, please don't share your private information here. If you wish you can reach us via PM us at our Facebook page or send a DM to @VZWSupport on Twitter. We can also troubleshoot here. What happens when you try to use your navigation services? How are you accessing it? http://spr.ly/65808KOYe

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tmscsj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was this ever solved? I have the same issue

TheresaS

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to us that we take closer look at the tablet for you, Tmscsj and I’d be happy to help. We want to be sure that we go over a few additional details and find a solution.
Just for clarification, did this issue begin immediately after activation or after some time? We understand that the tablet is restarting on its own. How frequently does this occur? Does the tablet have any physical or liquid damage? Please provide a few additional details and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
paul5021

I purchased my Ellipsis 8 July 2016. Contract still has 17 months to go. I've been with Verizon for about 32 years. Initially I thought I could wait it out. I am currently looking for a replacement tablet. It's difficult for me to do the research. I hope to find an acceptable replacement, switch the SIM card and fulfill my obligation. I noticed the Ellipsis 8 is no longer available. Verizon should issue a recall! Or perhaps cancel the contract. I will find a replacement. I will. NOT purchase it from Verizon. Verizon operates on CDMA. It's my understanding, if I get a CDMA tablet I should be able to accomplish my goal. I am considering a Nexus 7 2013 second generation, or a Samsung tab E. The Samsung permits upgrading the memory card.

Respectfully submitted Paul

0 Likes