Meshel87
Enthusiast - Level 1

My ellipses 8 is very slow loading pages. Is there anyway to fix this problem

Re: Ellipsis 8 is slow?
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

A couple of quick questions...

Does this happen when using 4G/LTE, WiFi or both? Is the tablet getting a good strong signal? Are other devices also experiencing slow loading when connected to the same service in the same location(s)? Do any site pages load quickly at all, or, are they all slow?

0 Likes
AuntBiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

It takes my eclipse at least 11 minutes 47 seconds to load and be functional on Facebook. I decided to time it today. I think my contract on the tablet is done in August and I'm dropping it from my bill and looking at a Kindle Fire instead.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is that length of time using WiFi coupled to a high speed data connection, or, is using 4G/LTE?

0 Likes
AuntBiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is using high-speed internet connection. I know I read other places about having too many apps on the tablet. I only have loaded four additional apps besides the preloaded apps. If I try to remove preloaded apps or disabled then it comes up with a warning that it will make other apps not function properly. I hope this helps. I basically only use the tablet for Facebook and Kindle books.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The next step would be to compare the table's load time with another device...such as a smartphone...while connected to the same Internet source. If Facebook loads at a proper speed, then the tablet has an issue.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could always do a factory reset on the Ellipsis to see if that makes any difference. You would first need to backup photos and such to the cloud and document all of your bookmarks as they will be wiped out by the reset.

AuntBiz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My smart (Android) is fine and so is my laptop.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Allow me to explore options to speed up your device performance, AuntBiz. Let’s start by checking your Software version. See this link for steps and share software version: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-124131/

Also, when did this issue start? What is your ZIP code?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STEMAR68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I find the Ellipsis 8 so slow that it is utterly worthless.  It has been sitting on the desk for months now.  Should never have considered it.