Ellipsis 8 slow to charge and then won't hold a charge
kittycaldwell25

Just a few weeks ago I noticed that my Ellipsis 8 tablet was taking a long time to charge completely and then after it eventually did charge it wasn't holding a charge. Any advice?

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8 slow to charge and then won't hold a charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've come to the right place for help Kitty. I know how important it is to keep your Tablet charged.

How long have you had this issue? Has there been any damage to the Tablet? How long is the charge lasting once fully charged?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BrianCrowKnows
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a similar issue with my tablet. I resolved it by following this battery calibration procedure that I found: How to calibrate the battery on your Android phone or tablet - AndroidPIT . You can find it by typing "battery calibration" into Google if you don't want to use the link. There's a little more to it than what I'm about to tell you, but essentially you drain the battery completely and charge it completely. After that, your battery should be calibrated and you should only need to repeat the procedure once every 3 months or so. Best of luck to you!

0 Likes
CARSCH36

Hi kittycaldwell25, I recently have been having the same problem. It even powers off if I"m using it while it's charging! So my question is, did you ever find out what to do? I was reading, that my ellipsis doesn't have a battery that can be replaced, that's very hard to believe! I wasn't able to get information from Verizon . com, I did get information on how I can upgrade though that would cost me way to much money!!! Sure hope you can help me!!!

0 Likes
MeTexanVT
Enthusiast - Level 3

my ellipsis is no longer charging and i havent even had it 1 year yet, is this solved yet?

0 Likes