Ellipsis 8
GINNLYN

I have a new Ellipsis 8 tablet that I got last year, I got it with the intentions of giving it to my son. After he lost a book at school, I decided to put the tablet up and wait for another time. I decided that he had shown enough maturity to give him this tablet that I have had sitting in my closet. I have been paying for service on this device for a year and have never even opened the box, until today. I got it out today, plugged it up to charge it, and I saw the"charging symbol" on the screen and left it alone a few hours. Went back, looked at it to see if it was charged and the "charging symbol" was gone and there was a question mark symbol there (?). Having never seen this, I took it over to the Verizon store. I was told that the warranty was up on it, there was nothing they could do, but I could buy another new one for $49.99. Has anyone else ever had this problem? If you have any ideas, please let me know. It has not been damaged, not in cold or hot weather. Seriously, sitting in the top of my closet. Thanks in advance for any help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ellipsis 8
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Given that the tablet sat unopened in a box for such a long period of time, my guess is that the battery went bad and cannot be charged. If not the battery, then something else inside the is either bad out of the box, or, became that way from non-use.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader