Ellipsis 8
fredg50

Tablet keeps restarting randomly after upgrade installed.

0 Likes
Re: Ellipsis 8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is concerning to hear that your tablet continues to restart randomly after the latest software update, fredg50. Let's get your tablet back to top shape. Was there any other changes besides the software update? Are you doing anything in particular with the tablet when you notice it restart? What happens when you place the tablet in safe mode?

Here's how to put it in safe mode: http://spr.ly/65838udix

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
fredg50

There were no other changes other than the update. It does it mostly when I'm streaming a video. The screen goes black then the version logo comes on and reboots. I could be almost a hour into a movie when it happens. Sometimes it will do it again after five minutes. Have not tried safe mode. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
fredg50

Tried to restart in safe mode. About 30 seconds after restart it went back to restart again when it was in safe mode. It rebooted back to normal then restarted again about a minute later. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely concerning to hear that it continues to reboot after being placed in safe mode, fredg50. Let's keep working on this and restore your tablet to greatness. The next thing to do is to run the software repair assistant on the device to make sure we have a good copy of the software on the device. Please follow these steps to complete this process: http://spr.ly/65808u0UC

JosephE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
fredg50

This is getting really confusing. When I plug the USB into the laptop it shows QTAQZ3 is connected. All it shows is amount of storage available on the tablet. When I drop down the notification menu it shows connected as a media device (MPT) and touch for other options. The only other option is Camera (PTP) There is no Charge only or Software Installation mode. Anyway, how will this work if the tablet keeps going to reboot?  It says repair will take about 90 min.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fredg50 - The last thing we would ever want is to make the troubleshooting of your tablet complicated. I have an Ellipsis that was doing the same thing. I was able to fix mine by following some simple steps. I am confident that following these steps will get your Ellipsis back to normal.

1. Go to Settings and tap on Data usage and turn your Mobile data off.

2. Go to Settings and tap on Airplane mode and turn it on.

3. Go to Settings and tap on Application manager and swipe your finger from right to left until ALL appears on the top of the screen. Find and tap on Google Play services. Tap on uninstall updates. Once you have unistalled the Play services the issue with the rebooting should stop. Please keep us posted.

JacobV_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes