Re: Expandable Memory
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are the music files .mp3 files stored on your computer, or are they some other file format and/or stored elsewhere?  How are you moving them to the SD card?  .mp3 files stored on your computer and then copied to the SD card should be recognized and play with the Google Play Music App. 

Maybe you have a corrupt SD card?  Have you tried accessing the music on the SD card with your computer?  Do you get any error messages when attempting to access the music with the tablet?

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That is what I was thinking as well..

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Golphr wrote:

I tried but was unable to access my music. Any suggestions?

If you are trying to move your files from an iTunes folder on your computer to your SD card, the files MAY be saved in an iTunes AAC format. I don't believe that android has the permissions to read this type of file. You can convert these files into MP3 format in iTunes and then transfer them to your SD card and your android music player should be able to access them. You still haven't mentioned which music player you are using.

Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

You were correct. After downloading my music directly to th SD card I was able to play my music via Google Play Music. However, this morning I attempted to download a backgammon application and the error message I received was "There is insufficient space on this device". Keep in mind that after installing my music to the SD card I still have 26.30 GB available on the SD card. The available space on the internal memory is maxed out with the following usage:

Available space 408 MB ; Applications 4.12 GB; Pictures 380 KB; Audio 216 KB; Downloads 8.00KB; Cached Data 6.98MB. I want to put more applications on the tablet which is why I bought the 32 GB expandable memory card in the first place. How do I add more applications?

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

SD card is not corrupt.

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

I get the message "There is insufficient space on the device.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

According to this post, you can't move apps to the SD card on the Ellipsis 7:

Re: How do you move apps to SD card or get more out of storage?

Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Correct

0 Likes
Golphr
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I am unable to install apps onto my 32 GB SD card then why was the "Expandable SD card Feature" pitched to me as a feature and benefit? What can I put onto my SD card?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Golphr wrote:

What can I put onto my SD card?

pictures, music, videos, documents