Freezing
Paubra61

Why does my ellipsis 10 keep freezing?

0 Likes
Re: Freezing
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 10 is a very BASIC tablet, without a lot of internal memory or RAM.  Doing anything RAM intensive or if you have very little internal memory left would cause the tablet to freeze.

How long have you had it?  How much free memory do you have?  What are you attempting to do when it freezes?

0 Likes
Re: Freezing
DIASCO43

I have 2.. I wish I didn't have any!  They both worked great the first 2 months, then whenever I use Chrome browser, it ALWAYS freezes.. isn't IF, it's WHEN.

I have done a full restore on both and even sent one in to be fixed..  did NOT fix the problem after they either "fixed" it or gave me another one(guessing refurbished)... Don't know which because it still freezes so no point in sending in my other tablet.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome which did not fix the problem.  I downloaded FIREFOX browser and the few minutes I played with it, it did not freeze.  will try to just use that and see what happens.

I do not use my tablet for anything fancy and do not have a bunch of stuff downloaded.  It started freezing just looking at Facebook, MSN or literally any page I tried to look at using CHROME.  Doesn't seem to freeze if I'm using an app, but that does no good for just trying to surf.  After several tries, it finally let me download the DirecTV app and that works most of the time.

When my contract is up I will be taking them both off of my data plan.. will just use them for Scrabble or a coaster.  Wish they would just let me trade them both in for an iPad..  at least I know those work.

0 Likes