GPS Issues with Ellipsis 7
soapbox3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting inaccurate and sometimes slow to respond GPS issues with my Ellipsis 7.  it seems that the refresh rate for the GPS is extremely slow so when i'm looking at the maps while driving the dot moves every 1-2 seconds as opposed to moving with me.  even after doing several factory resets the issue still doesn't go away.  It makes Ingress very frustrating when you keep jumping around unable to get a fix on a portal.

is anyone else having this or similar issues?

Also my tablet suffers from the 1GB App Space issue.

any resolutions on the above issue too?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GPS Issues with Ellipsis 7
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

See Important Note: Memory Management for more information - there is an update that will free up more memory for apps.  The total memory on the whole tablet is only 8GB though, and from what I've gleaned the update gives you about 4GB  app space.  While that is better than 1GB, it's still not a lot.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for messaging us, soapbox3000. We're here to help out with these issues. What is the software version of your Ellipsis? This can be found by going to Settings>About Tablet>SW Version.

With regards to your GPS issues, have you tried downloading an app such as GPS Status and Fix? While we do not endorse any third party application, an app like this can help your tablet connect to more satellites and maintain a stronger connection for improved accuracy. Let us know if this helps.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
soapbox3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

My SW version is mv7a_31d26_422.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

See Important Note: Memory Management for more information - there is an update that will free up more memory for apps.  The total memory on the whole tablet is only 8GB though, and from what I've gleaned the update gives you about 4GB  app space.  While that is better than 1GB, it's still not a lot.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Soapbox3000,

Thanks for checking the software version for us. That's definitely the most recent update. I did some research on this particular issue and found that the tablet supports
Stand Alone GPS functionality, which means that it is going to take longer to update and locate you than devices using Assisted GPS technology.

Stand Alone GPS depends solely on radio indicators from satellites. Assisted GPS can use both satellites and cell phone towers to locate you, which is why that particular technology can locate you faster. The delay that you are experiencing is due to the fact that the Ellipsis 7 tablet uses Stand Along GPS.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
soapbox3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

clearly you are misinformed SarahO_VZW.  according to the Important Note: Memory Management i dont have the latest software.  Plus I already called into support and they sent me a box.  I am really getting sick and tired of the lack of consistent knowledge btwn Support Reps.  and this extends beyond just this Ellipsis 7 Device it also includes the Lumia Cyan Update that was supposed to be pushed to all Windows 8 Phones this year but hasn't.  I get one answer from one technician and a completely contradictory answer from another agent.

I used to work for Verizon in TechSupport for Verizon FiOS.  and we all had our facts straight as to what was what.  but the Wireless Division is all screwed up.

My advise to you Sarah from one Tech Support Rep to another.  Please read all responses in the forum and do more research before you answer a question and don't be afraid to ask clarifying questions of your superiors before answering.

0 Likes
soapbox3000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you suzyQ.  I am shipping out my device today to get the software update to fix the APP Space issue.  Thank you for you info.

0 Likes