How Do I Stop The Endless "App Optimization" Cycle?
SARKIL11

My Elipsis 8 tablet is suffering from a bad case of "perpetual destructive app optimization".  Every time it is turned on, plugged in, or just left unattended for a while, it reboots itself, and starts an app optimization cycle.  This takes hours, since it apparently hangs up every time.  Once it eventually gets unwedged, some of the memory is now *gone*:  the amount of memory used and unused is lower than before.  It then repeats this, again, the next time it is turned off, plugged in, or left unattended.  Eventually it gets so low in memory that I need to do a factory reset, which merely restarts the cycle.  How do I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: How Do I Stop The Endless "App Optimization" Cycle?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SARKIL11, having your tablet work for you properly is a must. We want to help you with that device. Is the tablet completely up to date with the latest software updates? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-121222/

Also, when setting up the tablet after a factory reset are you using Google's Automatic Restore option? We ask because selecting that option can simply reload the issue, so not selecting that would be best.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SARKIL11

Thank you.  I definitely did have the Restore function turned on ( it was on the list of things to do when I last sent in the device for maintenance ).  I turned it back off, and did another factory reset.  Its tough to say whether this has fixed it yet, though.  So far there is no discernable loss of memory, but it does still seem to want to reboot and app optimize any time it is plugged in for charging while turned on.

I will be monitoring it over the next several days, seeing whether memory loss starts showing up, and/or how aggressively it reboots itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No problem SARKIL11, please keep us posted on how the tablet is functioning. We want to continue with you in monitoring the device. 

VeronicaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes