How can I move Google Movies to my SD Card?
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

I originally downloaded several movies from Google to my main storage, but have now installed an SD Card, and would like to move those movies to the card. I have changed the default storage location in Google Movies to the SD Card, but would like to free up some main storage.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I move Google Movies to my SD Card?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rescue is here kenmoffat! I love movies myself and I have had your situation personally. The good news is the play store has many applications that will do what you are asking for. I would recommend doing a search for a file manager. Otherwise you can re-download them.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kenmoffat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like I have to remove them from the device, then look them up on google play and re-download them! Pain in the whatever....

Hopefully someone can give a better solution....

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's how Google has it setup you can send requests to Google to change it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Rescue is here kenmoffat! I love movies myself and I have had your situation personally. The good news is the play store has many applications that will do what you are asking for. I would recommend doing a search for a file manager. Otherwise you can re-download them.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

ES File Explorer may help you in the Play Store.

ES File Explorer File Manager - Android Apps on Google Play

Tidbits
Legend

I believe that will not work on most devices as Google removed app access to the SD card like previous pre 4.0 devices. Also the file structure for Google service type apps are specific and changing the location would break it within the app. Of course there's an easy fix for it would be more open access by the OS for 3rd party apps or having the app itself look in 2 specific know locations.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Es works fine for moving files on LG phones, but we dont need an app since we have a file manager that allows files to be moved back and forth...with the exception of apps.  Apps cannot be moved to SD officially.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yah LG uses their own file manager with their own API to move files. However if you move said folder then the Play app will see it as missing and redownload the files IIRC. I remember reading it on Google Groups.

Snn5
Legend

I really think that, in this case, given it is an Ellipsis tablet, that the issue is related mainly to that line of tablets more so than any other.  I have heard of some issues involving moving anything of any type back and forth internally.  I have heard that using a USB cable has worked, of course, not with apps.