How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places

0 Likes
Re: How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
Snn5
Legend

Maybe try removing the email account from the stock email app.

Re: How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not quite sure I know how to do that either.  When I go into settings it has a bunch of the IT terms like port, server etc.  The gmail doesn't look as techy. Afraid I'm going to delete everything. (PS - I am very computer literate when it comes to software, just not this stuff). Thanks for your help. 

Re: How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
mama23dogs
Legend

I Use gmail over the stock app also.  It won't hurt or lose anything to remove your gmail account from the phone

then an add it back through the gmail app only.

0 Likes
Re: How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you very much!  I now have the email address removed from the stock email app and have emails going to gmail only.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Welcome!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Your welcome.  You can mark your question solved! 

0 Likes