Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc

How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Maybe try removing the email account from the stock email app.

Re: How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc

Not quite sure I know how to do that either.  When I go into settings it has a bunch of the IT terms like port, server etc.  The gmail doesn't look as techy. Afraid I'm going to delete everything. (PS - I am very computer literate when it comes to software, just not this stuff). Thanks for your help. 

Re: How do I Uninstall email. I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

I Use gmail over the stock app also.  It won't hurt or lose anything to remove your gmail account from the phone

then an add it back through the gmail app only.

0 Likes
Re: How do I Uninstall email.  I use gmail and I don't like being notified of the same email in two different places.
raftermc

Thank you very much!  I now have the email address removed from the stock email app and have emails going to gmail only.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Welcome!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Your welcome.  You can mark your question solved! 

0 Likes