How do I delete a file that I downloaded?
Deltagirl1913

I downloaded two files to my Ellipsis 8 that I want to delete? How do I delete these files?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do i delete a file that i downloaded?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the Downloads screen, long-press the file and it should then be overlaid by a dark gray bar.  Let go of the file, and you should see a Share button at the top right of the screen, along with a trash can in the far upper right-hand corner.  Tap the trash can and the file is instantly deleted.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello Deltagirl1913!

We definitely want you to have fun using your Ellipsis 8, so thanks for posting!  To help you with deleting files, in the E-user guide for your Verizon Ellipsis 8, it states if you go under Downloads (with the green down-facing arrow): "Files, apps and other items that you have downloaded from the Web, Gmail, Email, or in other ways, are stored in your device's internal storage. Use Downloads to view, reopen, or delete what you have downloaded".

Here is the link to the E-user guide for this device for further help: http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/assets/userguides/verizon/tablet-vzw-ellipsis-8-ug.pdf

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Deltagirl1913

Hello Laura,

Thank you for responding to my post. I know how to get to the download

screen to see all of my downloads. The problem is that I don't see a way to

delete the files. There is nothing on the screen that says delete. The top

of the screen has the following symbols:

1) The Download Symbol

2) A symbol that allows me to sort the downloads by name, date modified,and

by size

3) A symbol that allows me to show the downloads by List or by Grid

When I open one of the pdf files that I have downloaded, I don't see

anything that will allow me to delete the file.

1) I can save the file to my drive

2) I can send the file

3) I can open the file with another source

4) I can print the file

5) I can report an issue

I don't see anything that will allow me to delete the file from my Ellipsis

Help!!!!!!

On Sat, May 16, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the Downloads screen, long-press the file and it should then be overlaid by a dark gray bar.  Let go of the file, and you should see a Share button at the top right of the screen, along with a trash can in the far upper right-hand corner.  Tap the trash can and the file is instantly deleted.