How do I get to the context menu on an app? For example, "Share" on the Slate app.
WmHBlair

On a regular Android phone, such as a Samsung Galaxy Sn, in the Slate app, while reading an article, the bottom left of the phone glass area (not the display area) lights up an icon which when tapped brings up a menu that includes items such as Share, Read Later, Font Size, and More. But there is no similar icon on my Ellipsis. Of only t three lighted icons, a triangle, circle, and square, only the triangle and circle do the same thing as the curved arrive and the actual physical button on a Galaxy do. The square brings up all apps then running, but there appears to be no way to bring up the app's "context" menu.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I get to the context menu on an app? For example, "Share" on the Slate app.
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Re: How do I get to the context menu on an app? For example, "Share" on the Slate app.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is there an overflow menu button in the top corner of the application?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
WmHBlair

Not that I can see or determine. The top of the Slate app screen is identical to that on my Galaxy S7, except for size. But the same problem exists for all apps I use. For example, how do I get to the equivalent menu for the Chrome browser (that is, where I can select GMail to send the URL to me or someone else)?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

WmHBlair wrote:

For example, how do I get to the equivalent menu for the Chrome browser (that is, where I can select GMail to send the URL to me or someone else)?

Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, then tap Share.

0 Likes
WmHBlair

OK. That works for that one app (Chrome), and possibly others. But most apps I use don't have that feature. I still need a built-in way to bring up the extra menu on regular Android apps.

0 Likes
WmHBlair

My original question remains unanswered. I now have better terminology to use in a search, but all that reveals is that others have the same (and still unanswered) question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WmHBlair, my apologies to hear of the concerns you are having with your tablet and the Slate application. Please keep in mind that each application interface will differ from device to device. The tablet will not always have the same settings/features as the phone may have.

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
WmHBlair

| The tablet will not always have the same settings/features as the phone may have.

I understand that. Obviously, it is different. But I can't figure out how to get to the (so-called) "secondary menu" on THAT app. So, my question remains unanswered. And remember, it's NOT *JUST* THIS APP that has this problem. But this is the most popular (downloaded) app on which I have the problem, and so it's a good example to use as an illustrative case, since folks who know about this tablet could tell me how THEY do it, or -- if necessary -- download this app and discover how to do it with this app (as, presumably, they do with other apps they use on their tablet).

So, yes, I know it does not have the same features/settings. Many things are different. I see many of the differences. There is (usually) a way to do everything with a particular app on a tablet as you can do on a phone; sometimes it's the same, and sometimes it's different. In this case, it's different, but I can't figure out how to do it "differently." (Hence, my original question.)

In other words, I don't CARE if it is different. I don't care if it does not have the EXACT SAME "settings/features" as a regular Android smartphone. It can be different. I will do whatever is different. But I don't know what the different procedure in fact IS. That is what I want to know: How do I do that on THIS tablet?

So, in general, what I want to know is this: HOW IS IT DIFFERENT? HOW DO I GET TO THE (or A) "SECONDARY MENU" FOR *ANY* APPLICATION ON *THIS* TABLET!???

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to make the most out of your tablet, WmHBlair. We promise to deliver the digital world to your tablet. SuzyQ brought up a great article about using the long press of the back button. Troubleshooting specific applications is tough. We do not write the code for that particular application. As you know, different applications work differently on each type of device whether it is on a computer, phone or tablet. Reaching out to the application developer (in the play store) was also another good suggestion that was mentioned by SuzyQ.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes