How do I restore deleted home screens?
McCullough32
Enthusiast - Level 1

i some how deleted some home screens on my ellipsis 8 and need to know how to restore them?

Tony

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: i some how deleted some home screens on my ellipsis 8 and need to know how to restore them
karthikb_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Android software automatically deletes home screens that don't have any app icons or widgets on it. So after the last widget or app icon is removed, that home screen will be automatically removed. This is done to prevent empty home screens from cluttering up the device and more importantly to save memory.

Android also makes it very easy to add new home screens when needed as you've noted in your post:

1. Press and hold an icon or a widget on an existing home screen and drag it to the right. A new home screen will be automatically created after the right-most home screen for the icon/widget.

2. Press and hold an icon on the app tray and the view zooms out to show all the home screens (along with a new one on the right side of the screen). You can drop the icon on any of the home screens including the new one.

You can see how many home screens are currently in use by pressing and holding on any of the home screens.

View solution in original post

Re: i some how deleted some home screens on my ellipsis 8 and need to know how to restore them
mwade
Enthusiast - Level 1

did this myself too & just fig'd it out.  1st you need a widget on 1st home screen then long-press it & hold.  See the extra screen marker(s) appear over the App Drawer button? That's how I found it, but unfortunately I think it's indicative of the bug that deleted the screen in the first place when we moved the last widget from the lateral screens.

0 Likes
karthikb_vzw
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Android software automatically deletes home screens that don't have any app icons or widgets on it. So after the last widget or app icon is removed, that home screen will be automatically removed. This is done to prevent empty home screens from cluttering up the device and more importantly to save memory.

Android also makes it very easy to add new home screens when needed as you've noted in your post:

1. Press and hold an icon or a widget on an existing home screen and drag it to the right. A new home screen will be automatically created after the right-most home screen for the icon/widget.

2. Press and hold an icon on the app tray and the view zooms out to show all the home screens (along with a new one on the right side of the screen). You can drop the icon on any of the home screens including the new one.

You can see how many home screens are currently in use by pressing and holding on any of the home screens.