How do I set my SD card as preferred storage?
Clinton7129

How do I change or activate the SD card as my preferred storage. I have no internal storage remaining. I have reset to factory several times. Deleted information on SD card. ..with no success.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Eclipsis 7 Tablet
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clinton7129,

Making sure you have adequate storage on your device is imperative. The Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet does not actually permit the SD card to be selected as the default storage for anything other than your camera, as tikibar1 stated.

One applciation I would recommend is our Verizon Cloud application. It would help you keep as much content off your device and make room for additional storage. Learn more about Verizon Cloud here http://vz.to/1NjrqG6

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use a file manager app from the Play Store to move your music, videos, pictures, and documents to the SD card (or connect the tablet and your computer via the USB cable and 'drag and drop' the files).  Also, go into the Camera app settings and ensure that the storage location is set to the SD card.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clinton7129,

Making sure you have adequate storage on your device is imperative. The Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet does not actually permit the SD card to be selected as the default storage for anything other than your camera, as tikibar1 stated.

One applciation I would recommend is our Verizon Cloud application. It would help you keep as much content off your device and make room for additional storage. Learn more about Verizon Cloud here http://vz.to/1NjrqG6

JosephE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes