How do I stop the camera from opening when I swipe to unlock?
Lesleyo

When I swipe to unlock the tablet the camera opens....no matter how I do it... how do I change this

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Change unlock settings
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are swiping from the bottom right corner of the device, you will open the camera application every time. There are two permanent shortcut links on the lock screen. One is the camera application. The other is either the phone or the Google application depending on if the device is a phone or a tablet. To not access either shortcut, you have to swipe from the bottom center of the screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

When I swipe, my Ellipsis opens the last app that I was using.  If you tap the squares on the bottom, and then close all the open apps, does the camera still open on swipe?

Are you swiping up, sideways, at an angle? 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you are swiping from the bottom right corner of the device, you will open the camera application every time. There are two permanent shortcut links on the lock screen. One is the camera application. The other is either the phone or the Google application depending on if the device is a phone or a tablet. To not access either shortcut, you have to swipe from the bottom center of the screen.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Lesleyo

Up and sideways

0 Likes
Lesleyo

Thanks... I'll try that! It is very sensitive

0 Likes