How do I update the Android version for my Ellipsis 7
MARMIL0
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Ellipsis 7 tablet is at Android version 4.2.2 and when I check for software updates I keep getting the message, cannot connect to server . I am connected via WiFi .

Re: How do I update the Android version for my Ellipsis 7
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

AFAIK the Ellipsis 7 won't update over wi-fi, it requires a network connection.  An update to version 4.4.2 was released in Feb. 2015.  The last update was 10/4/17 and was a security update.  Since the Ellipsis 7 is almost five years old, it likely won't receive further updates. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MARMIL0, we want you to get the most out of your tablet. Here is a great place to keep updated on your Ellipsis 7's software. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ Is your tablet connected to your Verizon account? Do you have a data connection with your WiFi off?

Joel_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MARMIL0
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tablet is not connected to my Verizon account, but it is connected via

WiFi.

Mary

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

To update the software in your device, it is required to have it connected to our servers. Was the tablet ever activated in your account?

Abraham_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sandysandmeyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

My tablet was connected to my Verizon account previously and I'm unable to update it any longer. Is there a way to force an update?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The tablet is required to connect to the Verizon server to retrieve the update which means it needs to be on an active Verizon account and connected to the 4G LTE network. That's if there is an update available.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Shayboi45

The Ellipsis 7 isn't on this list.

0 Likes
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Shayboi45. I would love to help to how to update the software. You can do that here: Does this help?  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-89125/  -Amber

0 Likes