How do i move music to the external card?
Jerm29

How do I move music to the external card?

0 Likes
Re: How do i move music to the external card?
Jerm29

I have a, 3rd party file manager. In settings/apps it says the file manager can edit, delete the SD card files. When I try to move anything to the card I get an error message telling me Android 4.4 limitations will not allow 3rd party changes to an external card. Huh?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jerm29, being able to sort out the files in the device is crucial. Let’s get you going. What application are you using to move the files? What’s the size of the SD card?
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jerm29

I am using Asus File Manager. The card is 2GB and was basically empty.

I copied music by Bluetooth to the tablet where it ended up in a folder named Bluetooth.

I eventually succeeded in moving the files by connecting to a pc and using the file explorer program, but I want to be able to move files using the Ellipsis alone.

The file manager has a help file explaining how to deal with the problem but it doesn’t work. I get the error message explaining Android 4.4 doesn’t allow third party software to modify the external memory.

Jerry Self aka The GRANDdad

0 Likes