How to get out of a reboot loop?
istbm
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few days ago I noticed my ellipsis 8 tablet (model qtaqz3) was very low on battery and about to shut off. I plugged it in just before it shut down. Now the tablet is stuck in a boot loop. It will allow me to get to the lock screen where I can unlock and access the device. But within 20 seconds of showing that lock screen it fades back to the red verizon boot screen and stays there for 40 seconds. It keeps repeating this cycle ad nauseam. 40 seconds red screen, 20 seconds off and I can access it, then back to 40 seconds of red screen.,

I have tried powering it off. I booted into safe mode. It keeps doing this. How do I get it to stop?

I was unable to find anything about this in the troubleshoot faq.

I was unable to access chat.

I was unable to get through to a human on the phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get out of boot loop (qtaqz3)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

istbm,

Being able to rely on your tablet is incredibly important. We want to make sure we get that back to working the way it should. You've tried some great steps to get this working. At this point if the boot loop continues the best option would be to try a factory reset. You can do so without getting into the phone by trying these steps: http://vz.to/1OuQWy1.

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

istbm,

Being able to rely on your tablet is incredibly important. We want to make sure we get that back to working the way it should. You've tried some great steps to get this working. At this point if the boot loop continues the best option would be to try a factory reset. You can do so without getting into the phone by trying these steps: http://vz.to/1OuQWy1.

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

istbm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Andrew!

I tried formatting the cache first but that had no effect. I did the hard factory reset and wiped everything and so far it appears to have fixed the problem. It's downloading/installing a ton of updates now. I didn't have anything worth backing up so this was no problem. Thanks for the assistance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

istbm,

That's great news and we're glad to hear it! We're always here for support, so please do not hesitate to reach back out if you need a hand. Also, you can see all the ways to get in touch with us, including our Live Chat, on our Contact Us page here http://vz.to/1DrCyiX.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes