Transfer pictures from an Ellipsis 8 to an Ellipsis 7

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to transfer pictures from ellipsis 8 to my ellipsis 7
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to ensure that the pictures are on an SD card, then move the SD card to the Ellipsis 7.  Since the Ellipsis 8 doesn't have a native file manager, you'd need to install one from the Play Store.

Another option is to upload the pictures to a cloud-based account (like Google Photos or Google Drive) and then download the pictures to the Ellipsis 7.

You can connect the Ellipsis 8 to your computer via the USB cable, ensure that the USB mode is File Transfer, and then 'drag and drop' the files to your computer.  Then copy the pictures from your computer to the Ellipsis 7.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Verizon Ellipsis 8 | Verizon Wireless

Move Pictures / Videos to Device - Verizon Ellipsis 7 | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

One option is to ensure that the pictures are on an SD card, then move the SD card to the Ellipsis 7.  Since the Ellipsis 8 doesn't have a native file manager, you'd need to install one from the Play Store.

Another option is to upload the pictures to a cloud-based account (like Google Photos or Google Drive) and then download the pictures to the Ellipsis 7.

You can connect the Ellipsis 8 to your computer via the USB cable, ensure that the USB mode is File Transfer, and then 'drag and drop' the files to your computer.  Then copy the pictures from your computer to the Ellipsis 7.

Move Pictures / Videos from Device - Verizon Ellipsis 8 | Verizon Wireless

Move Pictures / Videos to Device - Verizon Ellipsis 7 | Verizon Wireless

stef7
Master - Level 2

I'll mention 5 ways. There are more I can think of: Smiley Happy

1). They both have a microSD slot right? If they both have microSD cards you could pull out the microSD card, then use a USB microSD reader (see Amazon for example), and copy the pictures from the 8 onto a computer, then from the computer onto the microSD card of the 7. But you could just as well not use a microSD reader and just connect the tablets to a computer and drag and drop like the previous poster mentioned.

2). You could purchase a microUSB OTG drive, copy the pictures onto it, then off of it. (see Amazon).

3). You could use the Verizon Cloud

Verizon Cloud Support Overview | Verizon Wireless

4). You could install an FTP Server app on one ellipse, and an FTP Client app on the other ellipse

5). You could use a microUSB to microUSB OTG transfer cable (see Amazon).

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Ellipsis 8 doesn't support OTG.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Ahhh. Well, that's a shame. Thanks for pointing that out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KSS52, pictures are worth a 100 words. We want to make sure that you're able to retain all of those photos. Here's the steps on how to transfer pictures: http://vz.to/2oK4QmZ

Additionally, you may also transfer media by using Verizon Cloud: http://vz.to/2bIS4OY

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes