I dont have a usb port.. How can I use the external data card??
MaryCarter
Enthusiast - Level 1

Wish I could plug in a thumb drive..  Can't!  So if we want to load photos to tablet can we import from data card?  What can we save to the external data card??

0 Likes
Re: I dont have a usb port.. How can I use the external data card??
ke7yxz

Search for an OTG cable.they cost a few bucks online. It allows you to plug in USB peripherals like a thumb drive or a full SD-reader, or a keyboard, etc. You can even do SD Radio. To access the microSD card, you need a helper program from say Sony or SANdisk.

0 Likes
Re: I dont have a usb port.. How can I use the external data card??
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can save documents, photos, videos, and music to the SD card.  One way to get the files to the SD card is via a Cloud drive, like Google Drive.  Another way is to connect the tablet to your computer via the supplied USB cable (the USB port is the charging port, i.e., see p 6 of the user manual:  https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Verizon/Userguides/tablet-vzw-ellipsis-10-ug....

Once the drivers load, you can then 'drag and drop' the files to the SD card.  If you want to move the files on the SD card via the tablet, you can use a file manager app from the Play Store, but I'd suggest reviewing this thread first:

ES File Explorer app - sending background data?

0 Likes