I tried to update my Ellipsis 8 and it said that it failed and to try again. I keep trying and get the same response. Why can't I update?
robridget

Why won't me Ellipsis 8 update.  How much free space do you need to update?

0 Likes
Re: I tried to update my Ellipsis 8 and it said that it failed and to try again. I keep trying and get the same response. Why can't I update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you have the latest software Tallmidget. How long have you had this issue for? Are you connected to WiFi?
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I tried to update my Ellipsis 8 and it said that it failed and to try again. I keep trying and get the same response. Why can't I update?
robridget

My husband updated last week. He actually received a notice on his tablet to update. I didn't and went into settings to update on Sunday and it failed. The second time it told me it was installing software and would notify me when done. The next day(about 16 hours later) it told me the same thing. I restarted my tablet(battery died) and I tried again. Failed again. So it's only been a couple of days.

0 Likes
Angelbowler718

I'm having the same issue. We have Wi-Fi but the tablet connects to the wrong one and says the right one is out of range. Cannot receive texts messages so cannot set up messages or anything else. Went to settings and tried to update but says it failed every time I try.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get your software updated. To ensure everything is flowing smoothly, may we ask that you attempt the update again when the battery is fully charged and connected to WiFi?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
robridget

I checked for system updates and it said I was up to date. I know that I am not, because my husband updated last week and it changed some things on his tablet and mine is still the same as the day I bought it 2 years ago. I went to check system status and it still says user rejected.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

robridgett,

Thanks for the extra details. We may want to try resetting your tablet completely and then seeing if the update will complete. Before resetting the device you can see how to back it up here with Verizon Cloud http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/. When ready see how to reset the device here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-78396/.

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes