If I turn off the data, and rely entirely on wi-fi, what do I lose, other than gps, driving directions?
ShelBKohn

I am thinking about dropping the phone line on the Ellipsis, and relying solely on wi-fi, saving myself $10 per month. What do I lose by doing that? The tablet is used almost exclusively in the house, which has wi-fi.

Shel

0 Likes
Re: If I turn off the data, and rely entirely on wi-fi, what do I lose, other than gps, driving directions?
ShelBKohn

Call to Verizon - cutting the phone (data) number on the tablet loses gps, locator, driving directions BUT also results in early termination charges on the contract. Phooey, not pointed out when we got the tablet. So I'm stuck with either $20 per month, or $320 of early termination fees.

Shel

0 Likes
Re: If I turn off the data, and rely entirely on wi-fi, what do I lose, other than gps, driving directions?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ShelBKohn

I love using my Tablet. It comes in handy in so many situations. In order to provide our great Ellipsis 8 tablets at such a bargain, we require a contract to be signed in exchange for the low price. Are you having any concerns with the use of your tablet? What is going on?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ShelBKohn

Nothing is “going on” I was just trying to cut my bill. The early termination fee on the tablet numbers was not explained at purchase.

Sheldon

0 Likes