Re: Important Note: Memory Management
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Laguna760

It my understanding that someone from Customer Service will be reaching out to you soon to assist with this update. You will be required to ship your device for this software enhancement. 

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi jscottbar

If your box has not yet arrived, it should arrive today. We are unsure why there was a delay, but the pre-paid box was sent on 2/10. Please keep us updated.

0 Likes
mielli1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Had the exact same experience in 45 minutes! The 'tech' (as one, I use this term lightly!) will have no idea what you are talking about and probably say they haven't heard anything about it. You will need to be very pointed with them and tell them an internet search for "verizon ellipsis 7 failed kitkat update" will yield thousands of results in the past 5 days.

Then they will proceed to tell you they have to send a box which will take 3-5 business days, you send the device 3-5 business days, up to 2 days for them to 'acknowledge' and then potentially up to 2 weeks for it to be fixed. If they can't fix it, they will send you another, refurbished device. within 7 business days.

WAIT... you read that right... REFURBISHED

I bought my device brand new, not to have a refurbished device. Does this mean the price difference will be refunded to me...

@VzW- what kind of "benefits" can this software provide that can't be delivered OTA or directly flashed? Why don't the store reps have the ability to flash devices anymore? I went to 2 different stores to avoid the month long process I described above only to find out no one can do this.

As to the memory space issue:

Once you get the 4.4 upgrade, you should be able to move apps to the SD card. This is not an Android limitation, but will be a device limitation if we are not able to.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 running 4.4.4 and can easily do this. I know people with a Galaxy Note and an S5 that are allowed to do this with 2 taps.

0 Likes
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry but I'm not doing without a device for that long unless I'm prorated & those days come off my bill. My 4 year old would not be happy. His "turn down" time before bed is HIS tablet!! If we can get a new phone from asurion next day...... We should expect the same from Verizon for something we pay for and you can't find another way for us to update ourselves! Come on Verizon, work it out!

0 Likes
carol_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hi julieharp

Thank you for your post. The repair process for all tablets is different than the process for phones. Only Ellipsis 7 devices on software versions MV7A_31D16_422, MV7A_31D18_422 or  MV7A_31D26_422 need to be sent in to update. Your device is already up to date if it is running MV7A_41D37_442A.

unusualj
Enthusiast - Level 2

My tablet has MV7B_41D37_442 and I have three apps downloaded... even with a 64GB SD card in it, I am being told it is out of storage, out of memory and I can't download anything else. The apps are NOT allowed to transfer to the SD card which renders this tablet as nothing more than a paperweight for me. I was given this Ellipses 7 for "free" by Verizon one day when I was trying to help my mom purchase a new phone. A month later I was charged $35 for activation, $10 for service, $200 for Ellipses 7 Tablet and was then told that this was standard procedure when receiving a GIFT from Verizon. The MANAGER then told me it would be another $200 and some extra hidden fees to disable the stupid thing and return it. Suffice to say, I have left the tablet in the off position in my closet waiting for the 2 year contract to finally run out.

I want everyone to know about this because it makes me sick that these people get away with this bull constantly. There were two other customers waiting on the exact same story as I was in the store and they were able to hear the conversation... that prompted all three of us to literally warn other customers not to accept the "free gift" costing nearly $300. So many people immediately started whispering and getting mad. Until this is either fixed or I am paid back, it has been my personal mission to stop this.

iajomaa

Carol--

I found this thread while investigating the "available app space" issue on my own Ellipsis 7, which is running software version MV7A_31D26_422.

I just spent an utterly maddening hour on the phone (half of it on hold) with multiple Verizon support people, including a supervisor, all of whom insisted that I was completely mistaken when I read your posts to them. Among their claims were that "none of that applies to prepaid, only contract", "we never handle shipping of devices", "you would have to ship it to the manufacturer", and "you're responsible for your own device."

When I attempted to point the supervisor at this thread, she dismissed your posts by saying "that's only a message board, that's just someone's opinion" and when I finally convinced her to enter the URL, she responded with "this is asking me to create an account, so I won't be able to see it" and refused to do anything else. That was the end of the call.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Is there any way that I can initiate this process? I seem to be out of support options.

0 Likes
joress

Just tried to get through. When I got a live person through the prompts (keep saying "help" until you get someone live), I asked to be transferred to a live person in Wireless tier 2 support. Got a knowledgeable person right away. You need to know your tablet phone number, which you can also find online on your account page. Sure hope this helps!

0 Likes