Inbox contents vanish?
Fk05764

From time to time my read but not deleted emails vanish from the inbox. They are not in the trash folder so where did they go and better yet, [Removed]?

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Inbox contents vanish?
doloresk_vzw
Verizon Employee

It has to be frustrating to go back and read an email only to find it is gone. This is certainly unusual and we can help investigate. What is email do you use? Have you checked the delete settings on your phone? When did this start?

0 Likes
Fk05764

To answer you, again. This happening on an eclipses 8 tablet not a phone. I use the factory installed email program on this device. For some reason my MS Outlook Comcast email cannot be installed and work properly. I have several setting changes with various side effects but none work to fix the issue. Emails from a previous day vanish in front of my eyes before listing new emails. The emails are no where to be found. No in the trash folder neither the read folder. Just gone. This started as soon as bought this device. Now I am stuck with this [Removed]. I have get my emails using my old apple phone which I use as a phone. This directly affects my purpose of the tablet which is the Square chip reader. Several calls to tech support are pointless because they want to take control of the tablet. That will never happen. That's an invasion of privacy.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fk05764,

Thank you for clarifying. I am confident that we can get this resolved. Are you able to find the emails on a regular computer when you log into Comcast's website?

Comcast recommends you to use their application called XFINITY Connect. Try that and keep us posted.

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Fk05764

So I installed the app. No problem. My current emails are there. I ten sent an email from my phone to myself as a test. I then watched the emails on this tablet using the Xfinity app DISAPPEAR in front of my eyes my old emails are still on my PC but something in this tablet is deleting emails when a new email appears. I can narrow it down to Android settings or construction. My tablet is essentially useless for emails

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for getting back to us. I've had this happen a few times with multiple devices. It may be the email server.  Let's try this: https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/internet-leave-copy-email-on-server/

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Fk05764

So I have concluded that there is nothing I can do to fix this problem. I have tried you suggestions and have run a test and the same result happens. Previous day's emails DISAPPEAR and are permanently gone when I check for new mail. I need to have previous emails remain on this device if it to be my main way to stay in touch with my customers. It may be the fault of the tablet infrastructure, maybe the ISP I have, maybe a third party all together. You can't fix it so I must resort to using my phone for a phone & email, my PC for hard copy and my new shiny tablet as a glorified register for my square reader.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you considering contacting the app developers?  They are always eager to make sure their software works with all devices possible.  If they learn of an issue with their app on a particular device, most developers will fix it and send out an update as quickly as possible.  If you go to the app in the play store, you can find contact information at the bottom of the app description.

NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes