Kit Kat update for Ellipsis 7???
nacho1970

I tried searching the forums, but was unable to locate any information about a Kit Kat update for this tablet.  I've even Googled it on the internet and still cannot find any helpful information.  I apologize in advance if someone has already created a thread about this topic.  If this is the case, please redirect me to the forum.  Otherwise, does anyone know if Verizon is going to provide a Kit Kat update for the Ellipsis?  Or, are we stuck with the device "as is?"  Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kit Kat update for Ellipsis 7???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nacho1970

I'm glad to see that you are excited to experience all that Kit Kat has to offer on the Ellipsis 7 tablet. With so many new enhancements, what's there not to love. While there isn't any official info on if/when Kit Kat will be available for the Ellipsis 7 tablet, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site regularly, http://vz.to/1sif5gW

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello nacho1970

I'm glad to see that you are excited to experience all that Kit Kat has to offer on the Ellipsis 7 tablet. With so many new enhancements, what's there not to love. While there isn't any official info on if/when Kit Kat will be available for the Ellipsis 7 tablet, a great way to stay informed is to visit our news site regularly, http://vz.to/1sif5gW

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BassMan81
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has there been any more movement on this topic? I have the same fear of being stuck on JB for the entire life of this tablet.

0 Likes
CPKIII
Enthusiast - Level 1

My bet is that Verizon will not update this device.  From what I read it did not sell as they had hoped.  The demand to update it is just not big enough. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The hardware limitations could also make it a challenging device to update to a newer version of the OS.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thellmer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually KitKat is supposed to be less hardware and memory intensive than Jelly Bean, PLUS it totally opens up the ability to move apps, music, etc to the SD card seamlessly without the need for file explorers or 3rd party software.  The faster they move to updating these devices to KitKat the more satisfied everyone will be with them.  Jelly Bean is really outdated. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some selected reading material. KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Pengone
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are we to expect another upgrade or work around?

0 Likes