Multiple Google errors and won't factory reset
Hughes1059

My tablet has to have some virus or something.  Within 20 seconds of turning it on it begins to have multiple Google app errors, so frequently that it has rendered the device useless.  I have tried turning it off and doing a head factory reset, but the options are in Chinese and I can't figure out which options to select... also if I boot it into safe mode I get a few more seconds before the errors occur and I can go in and try to do the factory reset through settings... this just ends up restarting the tablet.. also tried turning it on and removing as many apps as I can to find the problem before the errors start popping up, but once they do and I'm left with only the option to turn it off and back on, once the  tablet restarts the apps I JUST Uninstall ed are STILL there as if I never did anything! The tablet has become absolutely useless and I just want my son to have it! How can I wipe it out and start fresh!

0 Likes
Re: Multiple Google errors and won't factory reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hughes1059, we want your son to use that phne to it's full potential. Which make/model tablet do you currently have? Does it have any physical or liquid damage?

For more device support, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hughes1059

Ellipsis 7, zero damage

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hughes1059, it sounds like it's in good shape. Let's try hardsetting it again by powering it off. Next, simultaneously press and hold the Volume button (press it in the middle or down) + Power button until "Welcome" appears then release. Select Clear eMMC. Keep us posted and let us know if this resets that device.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hughes1059

I've tried this multiple times... first, the command prompts are in Chinese so it's very difficult to navigate, but amongst the Chinese the worst eMMS are there so assuming that's the "clear eMMS" option I select it and it progresses to another screen with Chinese I dNY understand and then just does a standard re out all information still on the tablet

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hughes1059, thanks for keeping us posted and providing those details. Are you able to manually delete everything on that device?

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Hughes1059

I'm not... it bogs down with continual error messages before I can, and like I said if I try to Uninstall something, the moment the errors start and I'm forced to reboot, the apps are back as if I never Uninstaller them

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hughes1059 Thank you for following up with that information. When did you begin to have problem with this Ellipsis7? Please confirm the software version if you can get to Settings, About Device and list the software version.

SheritaH_VZW

0 Likes