My Ellipsis 8 has a ? when charging
JEFWOOD49

When plugged in to a known good charger (OEM) my 8 shows a ? in a battery.  I tried turning it on but it shuts off within 4 to 10 seconds.  I did a factory reset 4 times to no avail.  Keeps dong the same thing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My Ellipsis 8 has a ? when charging
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
stef7
Master - Level 2

If the device is in the 14 day window, return it for a refund and pay a restocking fee if necessary. If in the warranty window, have it replaced. If outside the warranty window, see if your CC had extended the warranty by a year. Consider disputing the CC charge with your CC company.

These devices seem to be highly unreliable. Good luck.

0 Likes
JEFWOOD49

No This device is about a year old.  VERY gentle use.  In fact it has less than 20 hours of use.  It was working fine.  My wife picked it up to watch a movie and a question mark appeared when she plugged in the charger.  I reset to "Factory Defaults" 5 times now.  There is no data or apps to loose since we hardly ever use it.

I would love to hear from a VZ member not someone looking to raise his ranking by asking non essential questions.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is an older thread, but see if it helps:

Ellipsis 8 Showing Battery with a Question Mark Symbol

JEFWOOD49

YES! YES!  Thank you very much

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome, but the thanks really goes to carol_vzw

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Well I'm glad you managed to get the device to recognize the battery by doing a slow charge. That's the sort of thing that had to be done with my HP touchpad that was loaded with the Android OS.

I hope the device lasts a long time for you.

0 Likes