My Ellipsis 8 will not update even though I'm on a contract. Do I need to file a claim?
spavera

This tablet runs extremely slow and takes almost 18 hours to charge.  I have tried updating the software numerous times but the system keeps telling me that I'm up to date, even though Verizon update tells me that my software version is not the current version that is available. Verizon technical support cannot provide any assistance to force the update and keeps telling me just to wait for the system to push it on its own. It has been almost 2 months that I have been waiting for the system update. Please advise if I need to file a claim?

0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 8 will not update even though I'm on a contract. Do I need to file a claim?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your tablet isn't charging or updating the software spavera. I know this is getting frustrating since it's been occurring 2-months. Is there any damage to the tablet? Is the tablet a year old?

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: My Ellipsis 8 will not update even though I'm on a contract. Do I need to file a claim?
spavera

No damage to the tablet.  Yes, it is over 1 year old.  It is not a hardware problem, rather the Verizon system will not recognize the outdated software and allow the update to the current version as stated on your website.  See snapshots belowInkedScreenshot_2017-12-21-13-14-31[1].jpg.Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-04-04[1].pngScreenshot_2017-12-21-13-10-50[1].png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

spavera,

Your screenshots are greatly appreciated. I regret that the software update has not yet appeared on your tablet, it takes so long for your tablet to charge & also that it is running slowly. There wouldn't be a way that we can push or force the new update to your device. Software updates do come out in waves, so there can be a delay. I'm glad that there is not any sort of damage to the device. Let's go through some things to find a resolution to the battery charging issues & the tablet slowness. Can you please describe what you mean by slowness exactly? Are you using the original charger that came with the tablet? Have you tried to use more than one outlet to charge?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes